Quantic Electronics is on a mission to define and deliver the future of mission-critical electronics. We’re looking for talented team players who are committed to pushing the boundaries of electronics performance and innovation. Here are just a few of the many opportunities to join us and make a quantum leap in your career.
Sales Engineer, Aerospace & Defense
Quantic PMI is on a mission to define and deliver the future of mission-critical electronics. We’re looking for a talented and motivated Sales Engineer with Aerospace and Defense market experience who will help us solve our customers unique RF/MW challenges and drive revenue
growth. For nearly 35 years our culture of success and employee empowerment has enabled talented Sales Engineers to create cutting edge solutions for our Aerospace and Defense customers. We are widely known as an organization that Chief Engineers and Program Managers come to when they need to solve their unique RF/MW challenges.
In this role you will work within our Business Development group located in Frederick, Maryland to help position our products for RADAR, Electronic Warfare, Space and Research applications.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities
- Study and learn Quantic PMI's product line and technology in depth.
- Engage customers and offer solutions that drive the state of the art RF and Microwave technology.
- Provide a detailed review of customer and military specifications noting performance requirements, electrical, mechanical and environmental, as well as program specific details (reviews, FAI, testing, etc.).
- Prepare cost and pricing studies using historical data as well as input from engineers, purchasing and program managers.
- Provide quotes and provide detailed quoting packages when required, including technical descriptions, pricing justifications and program outlines with reviews, analyses, and pricing details.
- Manage customer inquiries in Salesforce with program, follow-up, forecasts, and details for a successful sale.
- Visit customer sites to understand requirements (technical and program) and connect with engineers and purchasers to ensure opportunities on current and future programs.
- Attend trade shows and demonstrations.
- Follow the status of current jobs and assist program management to provide customers status information.
- Engage target customers through email, phone, referrals & levering prior success.
- Develop new business opportunities.
- Create credibility to gain access to RFQs.
Qualifications for the Job
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technology, Science or Mathematics or equivalent technical experience.
- Familiarity with military contracts is helpful.
- 5 years of design and/or sales experience with a focus in RF and Microwave.
- Experience in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Selected candidates are subject to and must comply with all applicable US export control and security regulations.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and to pay close attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and complete them in a high-pressure environment.
- Work in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Think logically to resolve customer’s issues that may arise.
- Maintains high ethical standards
As a RF Hardware Engineer at one of our Quantic companies, you will work with an innovative team to develop new products that accelerate RF and Microwave design, prototyping, and production. You will work from the component and schematic level to the system level bringing new technologies and customer designs to life. The ideal candidate is responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a fast-paced environment. This position is hands-on, and you will follow your work through the design and manufacturing process all the way to the shipping table.
Key responsibilities consist of:
- Work within a team and own your work from initial design to shipping.
- Perform cascade analysis.
- Work on test benches from DC to 110 GHz
- Test, validate, optimize designs and in the lab.
- Work with a cross disciplinary team of PCB layout designers, assemblers, and technicians
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related discipline, or 3+ years of equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience in microwave circuit design to component level, including amplifiers, LNAs, mixers, block converters, and synthesizers.
- Experience designing, testing, verifying, and shipping product in a manufacturing environment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Skilled at design, test, and verification of components and systems
- Use of RF and Microwave / EM simulation software
- Experience with RF lab equipment including VNA, spectrum analyzers, RF signal generators
- Familiarity with RF circuit production workflow, both surface mount and DIE
- Analytical, problem solver and skilled communicator
Multiple Locations Across the U.S.
Quantic is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
-We participate in E-Verify
Quantic Electronics is a portfolio company of Arcline, a private equity firm with $4.3B in cumulative capital commitments. Quantic is focused on defining and delivering the future of mission-critical electronics. Our electronics component businesses have over a century of combined experience as reliable problem-solvers and trusted partners in military, aerospace, industrial and commercial markets.
We think our culture is pretty great. Our core tenets are Dream Big, Get it Done and Have Fun. We strive to be the best company to work for, and the best company to do business with; and we believe these two goals go hand-in-hand.
Inclusive (and Competitive) Compensation
We structure compensation to foster an “all boats rising” mentality, ensuring that all employees are committed to growth.
Unparalleled Opportunity to Define Your Path
Quantic is growing at a breakneck speed. Our need for new positions is constantly evolving and we have a strong preference for ‘promoting from within.’ Come and grow with us!